You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t sign in to App Store. The wheel just spins and spins. Any ideas?

I had to have my iPad wiped and reconfigured today. I can sign into the Apple website but I can’t sign into App Store using same username and password. The wheel just spins. Any recommendations?

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 4:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 6:07 AM

Force close the App Store app completely. Restart your iPad and try again.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t work, force close the App Store again. Turn WiFi off on the iPad. Restart again. Turn WiFi on again. Try to sign in again.

If that fails, force restart your iPad.

Restart iPad - Apple Support

If that fails, try another WiFi network. If you can sign in that way, try rebooting your router.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2019 6:07 AM in response to D8W

Force close the App Store app completely. Restart your iPad and try again.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t work, force close the App Store again. Turn WiFi off on the iPad. Restart again. Turn WiFi on again. Try to sign in again.

If that fails, force restart your iPad.

Restart iPad - Apple Support

If that fails, try another WiFi network. If you can sign in that way, try rebooting your router.

I can’t sign in to App Store. The wheel just spins and spins. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.