You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail drop setting

I have a video attachment saved in my email. It doesn't open. How can I fix this so it opens

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 8:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 2:34 AM

Large attachments send using Mail.app with iCloud active, may get temporary storage (30 days) on Apple servers to keep the actual message small (“Mail Drop”). The attachment has to be downloaded on the recipient’s end before the attachment expires. Add attachments to emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You may have to ask the sender to send it again.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2019 2:34 AM in response to SophieAppleSupport

Large attachments send using Mail.app with iCloud active, may get temporary storage (30 days) on Apple servers to keep the actual message small (“Mail Drop”). The attachment has to be downloaded on the recipient’s end before the attachment expires. Add attachments to emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You may have to ask the sender to send it again.

Mail drop setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.