You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro keeps shutting down randomly on its own

My MacBook Pro, which is new within the last year, suddenly shuts down randomly. It started to do this once a day, but now I can't even get it to stay on for more than 5-10 minutes before it shuts down again and restarts. Is there a simple fix? What's causing this?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 1:38 PM

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly,

or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because

of a problem.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

4 replies

Oct 15, 2019 5:25 AM in response to blondbomb

SOLUTION FOUND! I have a MacBook pro with the same issue. I found connecting and external monitor or TV with the HDMI cable corrects the issue.   I then purchased a CompuLab Display Emulator on Amazon for $8.50. It's a small dongle you connect to your HDMI port. It fools the laptop into believing it has an external monitor connected. The dongle eliminates the need for the external monitor.    Better than an $1100.00 board. I put the link below.

P.S. I tried all of the solutions out there and none of them worked for me.

Best Wishes to you all,

Port

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLZXGJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My MacBook Pro keeps shutting down randomly on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.