You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When sending iMessages to someone they received them only when when connected to internet

Hi, I have a problem with imessages. I noticed that when I’m sending imessage to someone, it is delivered, but that person doesn’t have internet and reseiving my messages, only when he connects. Also I can’t send as text message. Need to go to settings and set imessage as turned off, then I can’t send anything at all. Have to delete conversation and start a new one. Does anyone have this problem? How to solve it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 12:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Sounds like you are sending an iMessage to their email and not mobile number.

When creating an iMessage with a contact, make sure that you select the phone number and Send as SMS is enabled under Settings > Messages. You also might wanna contact your carrier to make sure that you have no issues with SMS on your account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2019 12:32 PM in response to simona1998

Sounds like you are sending an iMessage to their email and not mobile number.

When creating an iMessage with a contact, make sure that you select the phone number and Send as SMS is enabled under Settings > Messages. You also might wanna contact your carrier to make sure that you have no issues with SMS on your account.

When sending iMessages to someone they received them only when when connected to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.