You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outgoing email not working after Mojave Update

I have removed email accounts and reinstalled them and they still go offline for sending emails. The advice given to make certain Mojave is up to date, does not help because mine is. They suggest it is a network problem but my phone is not having a problem and I am able to receive incoming mail so clearly, not the problem. Im thinking I should uninstall Mojave and go back to High Sierra. Have any of you tried that?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 5:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 6:51 PM

Have you tried opening the "Activity" or "Connection Doctor" window and see what they show? Look at the "Window" menu at the top of the screen when Mail is active -- in that list of items is where these two items are, so just click on both and see if they give any hints as to what is going on in more detail.

Good luck...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2019 6:51 PM in response to brendafromfallbrook

Have you tried opening the "Activity" or "Connection Doctor" window and see what they show? Look at the "Window" menu at the top of the screen when Mail is active -- in that list of items is where these two items are, so just click on both and see if they give any hints as to what is going on in more detail.

Good luck...

outgoing email not working after Mojave Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.