You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting videos and photos from iPhone

I am at a loss how to get videos and photos off of my iPhone but still keep them. I can put them on my mac computer, but then when I go to delete them from the phone I get a message that says they will be deleted from all devices, even iCloud. Help!

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 8:07 PM

Hello!

Since they are syncing to iCloud, they will delete from all devices signed in with the same Apple ID and that have iCloud Photo Library enabled. To remove from one device only and keep them in iCloud, you will want to go to Settings > Photos > Turn off iCloud Photo Library. You can do this from Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library and turn off.

You will want to make sure you have enough phone storage first as they will all download to your iPhone once iCloud Photo Library is disabled.

HT204570

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2019 8:07 PM in response to bulleez

Hello!

Since they are syncing to iCloud, they will delete from all devices signed in with the same Apple ID and that have iCloud Photo Library enabled. To remove from one device only and keep them in iCloud, you will want to go to Settings > Photos > Turn off iCloud Photo Library. You can do this from Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library and turn off.

You will want to make sure you have enough phone storage first as they will all download to your iPhone once iCloud Photo Library is disabled.

HT204570

Cheers!

deleting videos and photos from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.