You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay issues?

CarPlay isn’t showing up on my iPhone 8... I go to General under Settings and it’s not there? Can I re-install it or download CarPlay as an app?

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 9:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 8:45 AM

CarPlay is not an app - it is part of iOS

Do you have restrictions setup on your iPhone? If so, make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

Other than an unsupported iPhone / iOS, the main reason why CarPlay does not show up under Settings is someone has inadvertently disabled it as part of their restriction settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2019 8:45 AM in response to FriscoMac12

CarPlay is not an app - it is part of iOS

Do you have restrictions setup on your iPhone? If so, make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

Other than an unsupported iPhone / iOS, the main reason why CarPlay does not show up under Settings is someone has inadvertently disabled it as part of their restriction settings.

CarPlay issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.