You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an I phone 8 that has black rectangle around icons it’s allowing settings to open but then can’t scroll have read about a voice over may be on but cannot scroll in settings to find what I need to do

I have an iPhone 8 that has black rectangles around icon that is chosen .i have read it may be something to do with voice over being on I can select settings but then once in settings I cannot scroll up or down screen freezes .this began when I tried to open my fit bit app and tried to sign in to fit bit my whole phone was effected what can I do to bring it back to normal

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 11:39 PM

Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

Or try using Siri to turn it off

Or you can turn it off by using a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off'.

Or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204390

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2019 11:39 PM in response to ceann_30S

Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

Or try using Siri to turn it off

Or you can turn it off by using a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off'.

Or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204390

I have an I phone 8 that has black rectangle around icons it’s allowing settings to open but then can’t scroll have read about a voice over may be on but cannot scroll in settings to find what I need to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.