You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement cost

I have a 13 inch early 2015 MacBook Air and the battery needs replacing even though it says service battery, it dies at 100% and doesn’t work u less plugged in. Since it’s 4 years old I don’t think it would be expensive maybe in the $100 $150 range does anyone know

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 12:24 PM

The price in the United States through Apple or Apple mail-in service is $129 plus any sales tax and/or shipping fees. Prices may vary depending on country:

Mac Repair - Official Apple Support
Product Battery service
11-inch/13-inch MacBook Air
All eligible models $129

I think the deal is that the MacBook Air has always had a rather a small battery. The Retina MBP models and the Retina MacBook models are all $199.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2019 12:24 PM in response to JamesLetsPlay124

The price in the United States through Apple or Apple mail-in service is $129 plus any sales tax and/or shipping fees. Prices may vary depending on country:

Mac Repair - Official Apple Support
Product Battery service
11-inch/13-inch MacBook Air
All eligible models $129

I think the deal is that the MacBook Air has always had a rather a small battery. The Retina MBP models and the Retina MacBook models are all $199.

Battery replacement cost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.