You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the apple website says that the Apple Watch 5 requires an iPhone 6s or later and iOS 13 or later. My phone is running 12.4.1 and says no updates are available. What am I missing here?

the apple website says the watch 5 requires an iPhone 6s or later and iOS 13 or later. My phone says it is running 12.4.1 and that it is up to date. What am I missing here?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 7:53 PM

Sounds like you have an iPhone 6 or older. But the iPhone 6 can get 12.4.2. If you have 12.4.2, then you most definitely have an iPhone 6 or older.

iOS 13 requires an iPhone 6s, SE, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, 11 or 11 Pro

7 replies

Oct 25, 2019 7:59 PM in response to annefromwellesley

dear apple

So a few years ago i bought myself a I phone 5 c and it has been great threw the years and when it sayed that my phone was up to date when I know it was not so i asked my friend about it and he has a new iPhone and his was on ios 13 and then I thoght it might just be a bug and then i restarted the phone and then still no update so then I looked at the internet and then saw that it was not available for the iphone 5 so now I am stuck with a phone that makes me feel bad because it is not able to update and my friends can do stuff on their phones that i cant witch really dous not feel good inside so please put the new update on iphone five i cant afford to get a new phone so i need you to get on this right away please it would mean so mutch to me.

the apple website says that the Apple Watch 5 requires an iPhone 6s or later and iOS 13 or later. My phone is running 12.4.1 and says no updates are available. What am I missing here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.