You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync issues

I’ve just bought a new iPad Pro and soon to have a new iPhone too. I’ve never really used iCloud before but now I want to get all my photos onto the iCloud so I can view them from my new devices. I currently have photos stored on my current iPhone and my MacBook Air. I want all of these to be accessible from the iPad’s photo app. I thought I had set up everything properly, all software is up to date and the obvious photos selection on the iCloud preferences is turned on. However, my phone has only pushed through the last 5 photos i’ve taken. These are showing on my iPad now, but no others. I have over 49GB of free space on the cloud so i’m Not quite sure what the issue is. I have 4000 photo on my phone (I’ve had it 5 years) and I don’t want to lose them.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 1:11 PM

You are welcome.

Manage your iCloud storage

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 15, 2019 12:54 PM in response to CactiKing91

How long has the phone been syncing photos to iCloud? The photo sync is very, very slow. With that many photos, the sync could take a couple of days to complete. If you have any indication the phone is syncing, I would let it continue.

If necessary, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Photos syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

iCloud sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.