You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running out of space on my iPhone

I am so hating my iPhone right now - most of my 32 g memory is being used up by Data & Documents, which means my memory is constantly maxed out. As a result apps are being offloaded frequently and a hardly ever have enough memory for messages, photos and pretty much anything else. What can I do to sort this out? And please don’t say delete some photos and apps, as that doesn’t change anything.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 3:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:48 AM

A 32GB phone should only have 6 to 8 GB of system files unless you have enormous social media history.

Connect your phone to a computer with iTunes and

1. Backup
  2. Restore as new
  3. Restore from backup

That should clean it up.

9 replies

Sep 23, 2019 10:36 PM in response to LD150

I am paying for an extra 50 G iCloud storage. 27 G of the 32 G on my phone is being used up by System. Photos uses 1,19 G and the only other app that is high is WhatsApp at 1,9 G. All the other apps are at less than 250 MB, and most of them are offloaded most of the time, which means I can’t really use any of them. :’(

Running out of space on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.