You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sticky Keyboard

My sister recently dropped soda on my new MacBook Air keyboard and now my it is all sticky. What would be the best way to clean it? It is very difficult to type. If you could let me know as soon as possible that would be very helpful.

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 10:58 AM

Your best option right now is to stop using your notebook and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. It may be possible that the soda penetrated farther inside and left residue that potentially can cause more damage to your notebook.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2019 10:58 AM in response to Spain1999

Your best option right now is to stop using your notebook and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. It may be possible that the soda penetrated farther inside and left residue that potentially can cause more damage to your notebook.

Sticky Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.