You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "edit" a screenshot and paste it back into an email

Dear Apple,

How do edit a screenshot and paste it back into an email (just like snag it app (for windows) does?

I am able to capture a screenshot, edit it but then I have to attach my work as an attachment. I would like to paste the "edited screenshot" directly inside an email as opposed to an attachment.

I know I can do Command+Shift+4 and keep pushing control+4 - to paste inside an email/ document it's command+V. This allows to only paste the current screen (you can't edit, highlight, point out anything)

Thanks for your help in advance.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 3:59 PM

unless you want to try to find something on the App Store that’ll allow you to edit + reattach/reinsert the picture instantly, the usual way is to save it as a screen shot as you have done, find it, open it with Preview/Photos/image capture, edit it, save it, and then reattach/reinsert the image to the email and then send it. I think Photos has the ability to send as email almost instantly, but you’d have to open the saved image first. On iPhone it’s a lot more straightforward, at least I find it to be so. Of course the iPhone has a camera built in so finding the images is easy- go to camera roll or import ‘em and open ‘em, but I don’t know if you have an iPhone or not. There may be another app that lets you do that apart from Photos, but that’s the first one that came to mind.

john b

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2019 3:59 PM in response to agfbullet

unless you want to try to find something on the App Store that’ll allow you to edit + reattach/reinsert the picture instantly, the usual way is to save it as a screen shot as you have done, find it, open it with Preview/Photos/image capture, edit it, save it, and then reattach/reinsert the image to the email and then send it. I think Photos has the ability to send as email almost instantly, but you’d have to open the saved image first. On iPhone it’s a lot more straightforward, at least I find it to be so. Of course the iPhone has a camera built in so finding the images is easy- go to camera roll or import ‘em and open ‘em, but I don’t know if you have an iPhone or not. There may be another app that lets you do that apart from Photos, but that’s the first one that came to mind.

john b

How to "edit" a screenshot and paste it back into an email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.