You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos from my iCloud without them deleting on my phone?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 11:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 11:11 AM

You can’t. If you use iCloud Photos, whatever you do on a device or in iCloud.com is reflected on all devices and in iCloud. iCloud is not off device storage. It is a syncing service only.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Even the photos and videos you delete on one device, delete everywhere that you use iCloud Photos. And if you want to get a photo back, you can restore it from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2019 11:11 AM in response to DeletingiCloudPhotos

You can’t. If you use iCloud Photos, whatever you do on a device or in iCloud.com is reflected on all devices and in iCloud. iCloud is not off device storage. It is a syncing service only.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Even the photos and videos you delete on one device, delete everywhere that you use iCloud Photos. And if you want to get a photo back, you can restore it from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.