You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offloaded Apps

I had a ton of files in GoodReader. After not opening the app for a while, my phone off-loaded it. When I finally needed to use it again, it couldn’t be re-installed because GoodReader released a new version. I installed it, but it didn’t have my files.

I see that my files are still on my phone taking up space, but in order to access them it looks like I need to somehow install the old version of GoodReader that’s no longer available. Anybody have any ideas as to how I can get my stuff back?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 12:56 PM

I would suggest contacting GoodReader support and see if they know how to regain access to those hidden files - https://goodreader.com/index.html

I know when mine updated to the new version 5 all my stuff was still there as it had been. So something must have gone awry when yours updated.

5 replies

Offloaded Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.