You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

I have received an email saying for protection purpose, my Apple ID is disabled, because of signing with a new device or at a new location. There is a link in the email that I should for through and provide the requested information to prevent of getting my account blocked permanently. but the link is now working and I can't open it. \

please advise what I can do.

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 4:37 AM

Forward it to Apple, it's a phishing email : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Apple doesn't send emails saying accounts are disabled, unless you had contacted them and it's a reply. Apple also knows your name from your account, so wouldn't address emails as 'dear customer', 'hello' etc.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2019 4:37 AM in response to sarehtav58

Forward it to Apple, it's a phishing email : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Apple doesn't send emails saying accounts are disabled, unless you had contacted them and it's a reply. Apple also knows your name from your account, so wouldn't address emails as 'dear customer', 'hello' etc.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.