You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps Look around IOS 13

Hi there!

I just updated my iPhone X to the iOS 13. I do have a quick question. Does the Map app on the iPhone X have the 'Look Around' feature? The reason why I am asking is because the binoculars that were suppose to be in the Maps are not there, I've seen that featured many times on the Apple site, and I thought that feature would be available in the iPhone X. Is this something that will be included in a later iOS 13 date or is it not included with iPhone X at all?

Much Thanks!

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:10 PM

This is what Apple has on the web site:

Look Around

Explore where you’re going before you get there with an immersive 3D experience that gives you a 360-degree view of a place. And enjoy smooth and seamless transitions as you navigate your way around.

Then in the footnotes, it says this:

The new map is available in select cities and states and will roll out across the United States by the end of 2019 and to more countries in 2020.

(look around) Available in select U.S. cities.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2019 12:10 PM in response to sweetchicgrl411

This is what Apple has on the web site:

Look Around

Explore where you’re going before you get there with an immersive 3D experience that gives you a 360-degree view of a place. And enjoy smooth and seamless transitions as you navigate your way around.

Then in the footnotes, it says this:

The new map is available in select cities and states and will roll out across the United States by the end of 2019 and to more countries in 2020.

(look around) Available in select U.S. cities.

Sep 21, 2019 11:59 AM in response to LD150

So far the only cities I’ve found to work are Cupertino, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, and San Jose. Does not work for Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, New York City, Washington DC, St. Louis, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas...pretty much every American city that’s not on the west coast.

I mean they don’t have NYC up yet, it’s a definite stumble out of the gate.

Sep 23, 2019 5:59 AM in response to Mccmatt2000

They need hundreds of cars equipped with 360 degree cameras in hundreds of towns, cities and countries. Millions of person-hours. Google have it now but they have been driving on our roads for years now doing it. I wonder why Apple will bother with duplicating Google's work?

Same as "Satellite" pictures in Maps and Google Maps at lower altitudes closer to the streets are not satellite at all but small aircraft criss-crossing the areas with cameras. Usually it seems on sunny Sundays judging by the empty parking lots.

Maybe for reasons of climate change they could leave it to Google, but I guess one day the big G will want to charge us for its use and someone big needs to put up some competition.

Maps Look around IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.