You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to my game files if I delete an Apple Arcade app?

Can someone tell me what happens if I have save data on an Apple Arcade game but delete it because I need more space in the short term and want to download it again later? Do I keep all of my game save data or do I have to start completely over?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:32 PM

Given a key selling point of Apple Arcade is that you can pick up your game on another device you can expect game progress to be saved in the cloud and waiting when you reinstall. See also How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support where it describes how to offload apps to reclaim the space they use while retaining any local data files.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2019 12:32 PM in response to joe654640

Given a key selling point of Apple Arcade is that you can pick up your game on another device you can expect game progress to be saved in the cloud and waiting when you reinstall. See also How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support where it describes how to offload apps to reclaim the space they use while retaining any local data files.

tt2

Oct 14, 2019 7:04 AM in response to askbarnabas

Funny that... I was sort of enjoying the gameplay. Then I stopped playing for a few days after investing a day of gameplay from day one of Apple Arcade’s release. Now all my saved data seem to have vanished. Oceanhorn 2 took my hours. I finally was able to advance beyond the difficult search to find this vehicle. Now that’s all gone.

I was so upset I removed all the games and cancelled my subscription.

What happens to my game files if I delete an Apple Arcade app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.