You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore/Reinstalling MacOs

Hello. I'm trying to restore the OS on my iMac, but each time I try and go into recovery mode, I am stuck at the screen where it asks for my wifi network. I type it in, and it just stops with a spinning globe and my wifi network. I'm unable to get into recovery mode or reinstall anything. Can someone help?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 3:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:30 PM

I have a similar problem. After installing Catalina on my December 2018 Mac Mini, my display has taken a pinkish/purple hue (no issue when mirroring my iPhone so it’s not the display). Possibly the HDMI management under Catalina. Either way, I tried to restore Mojave from the last Time Machine backup. After some failed attempts where an error message said the external disk got disconnected (I never touched it), I tried again and let it run overnight. In the morning, no response. It must’ve done something more. Now when I try to restart with Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R, I get the spinning globe, the internet connection prompt, and despite the Ethernet connection, still end up with the hollowed out globe, overplayed by the exclamation mark in a triangle, below which is “Apple.com/support” and an error code, either -2003F or -1008F.

I’m stumped!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2019 2:30 PM in response to den.thed

I have a similar problem. After installing Catalina on my December 2018 Mac Mini, my display has taken a pinkish/purple hue (no issue when mirroring my iPhone so it’s not the display). Possibly the HDMI management under Catalina. Either way, I tried to restore Mojave from the last Time Machine backup. After some failed attempts where an error message said the external disk got disconnected (I never touched it), I tried again and let it run overnight. In the morning, no response. It must’ve done something more. Now when I try to restart with Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R, I get the spinning globe, the internet connection prompt, and despite the Ethernet connection, still end up with the hollowed out globe, overplayed by the exclamation mark in a triangle, below which is “Apple.com/support” and an error code, either -2003F or -1008F.

I’m stumped!

Restore/Reinstalling MacOs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.