You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro MAX connection to iTunes

How to solve the problem with THE NEW iPhone 11 Pro MAX that cannot be recognized by iTunes on my iMac?

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 12:36 AM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2019 11:42 AM in response to dsharoni

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Sep 30, 2019 8:37 AM in response to turingtest2

Turingtest2 we meet again, ;-)

Sorry but nothing is happening when I double click on the MobileDeviceUpdater. However the problem seems to be fixed. I was not notified of an update, I actualy tought notting happened.

Now conecting my iPhone seems to work flawless. I'll try tomorrow if it also works after a restart.

If then there is still a problem ... I 'll be back.

Thanks for now ...

BtH

iPhone 11 Pro MAX connection to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.