You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I move a picture to a different album and delete it in the original album...it deletes both? How do I put a picture in a different album and delete it from the album it was in?

If I move a picture to a different album and delete it in the original album...it deletes both? How do I put a picture in a different album and delete it from the album it was in?

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 6:50 AM

You can Remove a photo from an album using the command in the Image menu or in the contextual menu or by pressing the "delete" key.

If you use cmd-delete, then it will delete the photo from the entire library.

3 replies

Oct 13, 2019 5:19 PM in response to Barney-15E

ok but I have all my family photos in one huge pile and I want to make three folders, one for each of my offspring, so I select and drag the pics into the appropriate folder and it seems like all I'm doing is duplicating them..... I don't want them in the huge pile, I want them organized in the folders with names. What am I doing wrong? The old program iphoto was easier for me to understand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.