You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop Broken 9/21/2019 iOS 13

Updated my iPhone 8 to iOS 13, now I cannot AirDrop to iPad Air 2. This seems to have broken following the update to iOS 13 on the iPhone. Update for iPad is 9 days away. You broke my workflow, now what?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 5:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:31 AM

My sincere apologies.

I all honesty I thought I found a bug with iOS 13. My problem appeared to start after I installed iOS 13 on my iPhone, but the iPadOS will not be available for a week or two.

So, after reading your first response to my post, I contacted Apple Support. My problem was escalated to a Senior Analyst who figured out my issue.

It had to do with BLOCKED callers. Around the time I installed iOS 13, I had a ROBO call from my own iPhone number. So, I blocked all calls from myself. Well, after I UNBLOCKED myself, my AirDrop service was restored. I never would have figured that out.

SETTINGS -> PHONE -> BLOCKED CONTACTS -> swipe to left and unblock yourself - FIXED

THANKS to everyone who looked at this post. I hope this helps someone else.

CHEERS

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2019 7:31 AM in response to lobsterghost1

My sincere apologies.

I all honesty I thought I found a bug with iOS 13. My problem appeared to start after I installed iOS 13 on my iPhone, but the iPadOS will not be available for a week or two.

So, after reading your first response to my post, I contacted Apple Support. My problem was escalated to a Senior Analyst who figured out my issue.

It had to do with BLOCKED callers. Around the time I installed iOS 13, I had a ROBO call from my own iPhone number. So, I blocked all calls from myself. Well, after I UNBLOCKED myself, my AirDrop service was restored. I never would have figured that out.

SETTINGS -> PHONE -> BLOCKED CONTACTS -> swipe to left and unblock yourself - FIXED

THANKS to everyone who looked at this post. I hope this helps someone else.

CHEERS

Sep 21, 2019 6:40 AM in response to IamWithStupid

You're not being a pain, but when you say "you broke" it leads one to think you believe you are writing Apple. Apple hosts this forum for users to help other users. I was (clearly not very well) adding some humor to my comment.

Airdrop is finicky even without an update. So we need to figure out why your devices don't see each other.

Instead of a restart do a reboot. They are different procedures.

On iPhone 8:

Press and quickly release volume up button

Then press and quickly release volume down button

Then press and keep holding power button (keep holding past swipe to power off) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go

If once the phone comes back and you sign in with your passcode, see if Airdrop works.

If that isn't it, see this link for additional thoughts: Use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2019 6:10 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I’m sorry, I thought this was the Apple.com domain. Do you take everything personally? Who is we? Are you an iOS Dev?

For what it’s worth, I restarted the iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 8 and the iPhone does not see the iPad. The settings for AirDrop are Everyone on both my iPhone and iPad. Airplane mode is NOT on, Bluetooth is on, wi-if is on. Neither device can see the other.

Sorry to be a pain.

AirDrop Broken 9/21/2019 iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.