You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I imported a video straight to my Final Cut Pro (by clicking and dragging onto my timeline) and it's just a still image when I press play. What am I doing wrong?

Please help

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 11:30 AM

You can’t drag it from the Photos application itself. You might e able to Acces it from the Photos browser in FCP. The media had to be stored locally and not in the cloud. It would be best if you imported the video directly from the phone into FCP and not through Photos.

5 replies

Sep 21, 2019 10:10 AM in response to rolandgraves

It should work, so you are probably doing something wrong.

You need to give as many details as you can about what you are doing, the project specs and the specs of the video you are trying to import. Also where is this video . . . on the desktop, a separate hard drive or somewhere else?

Are you certain it is a proper video and not a jpeg etc.?

I imported a video straight to my Final Cut Pro (by clicking and dragging onto my timeline) and it's just a still image when I press play. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.