You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 4 battery drain on watch os 6

Since i update apple watch series 4 to Watch os 6, my battery drain very very fast, sometimes about 10 percent in one hour with normal usage like seeing time!

is any suggestions?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 1:06 PM

4 replies

Sep 21, 2019 7:42 PM in response to zivieh

Try resetting your watch. Hold the Digital Crown and power button together until you see the Apple logo and release. The Watch will sometimes take 24 hours or so to get all of the file indexing finished from an update. I updated my Series 4 and have not had any issues at all. If that reset does not work, then unpair the watch from the power, power cycle it and pair it back again.

Sep 27, 2019 1:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Twice since I updated to Watch OS 6 on my Series 4, which I've had since Feb 2019 without any battery issues, I suddenly find my battery way down for early in the day and it is unresponsive and laggy. It's like there is some process running that is taxing the processor. Support did a diagnostic and said there is nothing wrong but clearly the new OS is buggy.

Sep 27, 2019 3:13 PM in response to heywatchit

Same problem here with the watch not wanting to awaken until after multiple attempts at tapping on the face and pressing the stylus. The batter usage has increased dramatically with only some minimal improvement after a cold re-boot. These problems all started after upgrading to OS 6.0.

Hopefully, a new version will come out soon!

Apple watch 4 battery drain on watch os 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.