You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer purchases from one Apple ID to a brand new Apple ID?

I have had my Apple ID for an incredibly long time, and have purchased a lot of content from iTunes and the App Store over the years. Well recently, I got my 11yo daughter her first iPhone and thought it would be a good idea to set up this “Family Sharing” feature. Little did I know it would be WAY more trouble than it’s worth. Our contact names are constantly switching, she has to get my permission any time she wants to download anything. I mean it’s ridiculous! Apple simply will not let me remove her from my account because she is not yet 13, and I don’t know what else to do than just starting an entirely new Apple ID. But does that mean Im going to have to just say goodbye to the hundreds of dollars I’ve spent over the years? Lose my entire music gallery filled with 1000’s of songs?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 6:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 8:30 PM

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the 2 IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Similar questions

4 replies

Can I transfer purchases from one Apple ID to a brand new Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.