You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost iphone. find my iphone turned off

Hello,

first of all im not sure if i can say in czech so i will try to do my best to explain the situation in eng.

I moved to Bali and somebody stole my iPhone 7. I did secured it by lost mode and the iPhone was found twice via location for a few seconds. Now im asking you because after two days i cant find an iPhone via iCloud in the find my iPhone ... but if i open preferences in the column my devices, he is still there... can u please tell me the reasons how can this happen? thank you for response.

Luka5

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 4:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:05 AM

If someone erased it then it will no longer be trackable. Anyone can erase any iOS device with a restore as new in iTunes.

As as long as it is listed in your iCloud account though, activation lock will prevent anyone from setting it up and using it - Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2019 5:05 AM in response to luka5

If someone erased it then it will no longer be trackable. Anyone can erase any iOS device with a restore as new in iTunes.

As as long as it is listed in your iCloud account though, activation lock will prevent anyone from setting it up and using it - Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

lost iphone. find my iphone turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.