You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse is not recognized by ipad

With the new operative for ipad you are supposed to be able to connect a mouse. But my ipad can not recognize the mouse as a Bluetooth device...

I have used the mouse with my MacBook before, but I tried to remove it and turned Bluetooth of on the MacBook to avoid conflict.

What can I do?

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 1:52 AM

https://www.appleworld.today/blog/2019/9/25/ipados-was-worth-the-wait-except-for-one-major-disappointment

[You can pair a wireless mouse with your iPad — but not Apple’s own Magic Mouse 2. The Bluetooth Devices settings in iPadOS has this message: “AssistiveTouch allows you to connect Bluetooth and USB assistive pointer devices, such as joysticks and mice. Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are not supported over Bluetooth.”]

If you have an iPad with USB-C, or use a Lightning to USB adapter, the Magic Trackpad might work via USB.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2019 1:52 AM in response to HLAG

https://www.appleworld.today/blog/2019/9/25/ipados-was-worth-the-wait-except-for-one-major-disappointment

[You can pair a wireless mouse with your iPad — but not Apple’s own Magic Mouse 2. The Bluetooth Devices settings in iPadOS has this message: “AssistiveTouch allows you to connect Bluetooth and USB assistive pointer devices, such as joysticks and mice. Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are not supported over Bluetooth.”]

If you have an iPad with USB-C, or use a Lightning to USB adapter, the Magic Trackpad might work via USB.

Magic mouse is not recognized by ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.