You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone xs max error 14

my iphone xs max error 14 y?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 1:30 PM

Hello lay0007 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with an Error 14 being thrown when you're connected via iTunes to your iPhone XS Max.

Error 14 is a general hardware error and can mean anything from a bad USB cable to an issue with security software if you're on a Windows system to an actual hardware issue with the iPhone. Use the steps here to troubleshoot this.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

If the steps don't resolve your issue, you'll find a link at the bottom of that article for contacting Apple Support to explore service options.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2019 1:30 PM in response to lay0007

Hello lay0007 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with an Error 14 being thrown when you're connected via iTunes to your iPhone XS Max.

Error 14 is a general hardware error and can mean anything from a bad USB cable to an issue with security software if you're on a Windows system to an actual hardware issue with the iPhone. Use the steps here to troubleshoot this.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

If the steps don't resolve your issue, you'll find a link at the bottom of that article for contacting Apple Support to explore service options.

Cheers.

my iphone xs max error 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.