You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR contacts: I updated to iOS 13.1 and when I receive calls the names don't appear

I updated to iOS 13.1 and when I receive calls the names don't appear. Even though all my contacts are saved correctly. before the update I had no issues.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 7:58 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2019 6:22 AM in response to efren85

Hi there, efren85!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your incoming calls are not showing a contact attached. I would suggest starting by following these steps for how to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and update your device to iOS 13.1.1. Once the update is done, test to see if the incoming calls appear correctly.

If they don't, check Settings > General > Language & Region to make sure this is set correctly.

Let me know the results, including if you are seeing this with all contacts, or specific ones.

Sep 30, 2019 7:01 AM in response to AppleJen77

I'm currently running on the new version iOS 13.1.1 but the problem still persist. Something to note is that if I save the number as follows +52 area then the number the name will appear when someone calls me. But I have a lot of international numbers with +52 and also US numbers. The US numbers I have them saved as follows +1 area code then the number. Before the update I never had an issue.

Sep 30, 2019 1:18 PM in response to efren85

i'm having the exact same problem. on my iPhone XS, and it happened when i updated to 13. i also updated to 13.1.1 and it still happens. for mexican cel phones, i had to manually remove the "1" in the +52155...sequence in order for it to read the name again, but this is definitely not something i want to be doing for all incoming numbers!

iPhone XR contacts: I updated to iOS 13.1 and when I receive calls the names don't appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.