You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar colours different across devices

I have been having the following issue:

I set up my calendars on my Macbook Pro. I need many colours, since I use a lot of different calendars. Therefore I have used the custom colours. It works fine on the Macbook, but the custom colours don't seem to work on any other devices - they are set to one of the default colours. Which makes things a bit unorganised. I have always done it this way and until iOS 13/iPadOS 13 it worked just fine.

Anyone having this issue as well? Any solutions?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 3:06 PM

Since there are older threads without any answer I will leave it here, with a solution.

Create a new calendar via icloud.com. (just click on edit and then + at the bottom).

Once you have created the calendar, you can click on the colourful circle to make a custom colour.

This way it spreads across all the devices.

Now there is an issue with this solution. It works only if you never set the colour on any of the devices. So if you have your custom colour, than change it on for example iPhone to a default colour and then change it again via icloud.com, it is not gonna apply on your devices. Which is a problem with your existing calendars - those are not gonna change if you do this. So it seems, the only solution is to delete them and create new ones and never changing the colour in any other way. Possibly, merging your preexisting calendar with a new one (with custom colour via icloud) might work as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2019 3:06 PM in response to Windooo

Since there are older threads without any answer I will leave it here, with a solution.

Create a new calendar via icloud.com. (just click on edit and then + at the bottom).

Once you have created the calendar, you can click on the colourful circle to make a custom colour.

This way it spreads across all the devices.

Now there is an issue with this solution. It works only if you never set the colour on any of the devices. So if you have your custom colour, than change it on for example iPhone to a default colour and then change it again via icloud.com, it is not gonna apply on your devices. Which is a problem with your existing calendars - those are not gonna change if you do this. So it seems, the only solution is to delete them and create new ones and never changing the colour in any other way. Possibly, merging your preexisting calendar with a new one (with custom colour via icloud) might work as well.

Calendar colours different across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.