You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why by the new update iMessage shows me less pictures

before the update if 13.1 iMessage showed me all pictures sent or received but now it shows me till a date tellin me that all pictures will be showed when I complete the indexing but I don’t know what should I do pls help

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 9:31 AM

Hello KatsiJohn,

I understand you're not seeing all of your photos in the Messages app after updating to iOS 13.1. Also, it's telling you that all your photos will appear after it has completed indexing. Rest assured the indexing it's doing is a normal process after installing an update. One of the reasons it's doing this is so your messages are cataloged for Spotlight and Siri searches.

The amount of time it takes for Messages to finish indexing depends on how many messages and attachments you had in the Messages app to begin with. I recommend giving it some time to complete and making sure you're keeping your iPhone charged during this time. You can try restarting your device if it's been more than a couple of days and you still see the same message: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Also, just so you're aware, there have been two additional updates that have been released since iOS 13.1. When you're ready to, you can update your iPhone to iOS 13.1.2 using these steps: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2019 9:31 AM in response to KatsiJohn

Hello KatsiJohn,

I understand you're not seeing all of your photos in the Messages app after updating to iOS 13.1. Also, it's telling you that all your photos will appear after it has completed indexing. Rest assured the indexing it's doing is a normal process after installing an update. One of the reasons it's doing this is so your messages are cataloged for Spotlight and Siri searches.

The amount of time it takes for Messages to finish indexing depends on how many messages and attachments you had in the Messages app to begin with. I recommend giving it some time to complete and making sure you're keeping your iPhone charged during this time. You can try restarting your device if it's been more than a couple of days and you still see the same message: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Also, just so you're aware, there have been two additional updates that have been released since iOS 13.1. When you're ready to, you can update your iPhone to iOS 13.1.2 using these steps: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Why by the new update iMessage shows me less pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.