You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop no longer working

I just got my new Iphone 11 pro max. I can't use Airdrop. Neither my phone or mac book are connecting to each other. Anyone else having trouble with this?

I have a late 2013 mac book pro : It's currently running MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.5

I have tried: turning on off wifi and bluetooth on both devices, I changed the settings from contacts only to everyone on both devices and turning the devices physical off and on.

Also, I updated the software on both devices.

Nothing seems to work. Is Airdrop no longer compatible?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 1:47 PM

dark_muse22 wrote:

There is a huge difference between update and upgrade.

Is your Mac running MacOS Mojave? That would be an upgrade from previous MacOS versions, requiring a visit to the Mac's App Store and a "purchase" (at no cost). Have you done that?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2019 1:47 PM in response to dark_muse22

dark_muse22 wrote:

There is a huge difference between update and upgrade.

Is your Mac running MacOS Mojave? That would be an upgrade from previous MacOS versions, requiring a visit to the Mac's App Store and a "purchase" (at no cost). Have you done that?

Airdrop no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.