You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV comes on, not showing a menu and not showing as device in iTunes or account.

Apple TV comes on, not showing a menu and not showing as device in iTunes or account. Why not?

At first it came on and no menu but it did say Not Support.

Unplugged all , plugged in again. I get a blue light. The Remote shows it one blink. but no signal. It is hooked up HDMI / checked the settings that's correct and checked the plug ins..

Any answers? Besides spend more many and upgrade... Am a newbie and not a geek so go easy if possible. Any help would be good.

Thanks,

Deb

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 12:14 AM

Unsure why now the flight was any issue at all. Something in the instructions. But, anyway had tried to restart was not getting a signal .. it seemed the remote was working enough to make the light flash. Anyway,

It is working now. I did have to update computer, perhaps that had something to do with it.

I think it was all a little slow in communicating.

Thanks you for the response.

Have a great holiday season!

Deb

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2019 12:14 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Unsure why now the flight was any issue at all. Something in the instructions. But, anyway had tried to restart was not getting a signal .. it seemed the remote was working enough to make the light flash. Anyway,

It is working now. I did have to update computer, perhaps that had something to do with it.

I think it was all a little slow in communicating.

Thanks you for the response.

Have a great holiday season!

Deb

Sep 30, 2019 5:18 PM in response to Thicketof

Please tell us which model Apple TV you have. Use this support document to identify which model it is.

I thought that the status light on the Apple TV is white on 2nd generation or later. Not sure what you mean by blue light.

Showing as a device in iTunes requires power for some models, and requires a USB cable that supports data transfer. [source]

Apple TV comes on, not showing a menu and not showing as device in iTunes or account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.