You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout calories not equal to move ring

Kinda hard to explain this issue but here I go. Since updating my phone and watch to the most up to date software (iOS 13 and WatchOS 6) I have noticed that if you total my calories up from each workout it is more than what my watch is showing for my total move calories. For example, last Saturday I burned 2,073 calories on a bike ride, 486 calories in a lifting session, and then 170 calories while on an outdoor walk. These on their own add up to 2,729 calories, however my move ring showed 2,651 calories. Usually I get another 300-400 a day from just general movement (i.e. walking at work, basic movements, etc).

Has anyone else seen the math not adding up since updating? I know this isn't a huge issue, just found it a bit off

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 6:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 6:52 AM

You may need to recalibrate your Watch. Also, you might try a reset by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

1 reply

Workout calories not equal to move ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.