You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not connecting to Google Gmail accounts. Unable to add new Google account. Where is Safari 13.0.1?

I am on a 2019 Mac Book Pro running Mojave 10.14.6. I first noticed the issue when I went to add a new Gmail account to Mail. When I select a Google account I get the popup "Google requires completing authentication in Safari." I open the account in Safari but nothing happens to connect to Mail or System Preferences. The real issue is that Mail and my Gmail accounts are not getting along. I think both macOS and Google have made updates about the same time. Since then Mail frequently shows a connection error and asks for authentication of the account in Safari. I read a thread about this being a Safari update issue, but since that is tied to the macOS bundle I don't know have to separately update Safari from 13.0 to 13.0.1.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 8:03 PM

Many thanks to:

BDAqua

User level:

Level 10

(146,367 points)

The answer below solved my problem. I added the Google account to Mail as expected. Safari opened as expected, I have Mac OSx permissions to access the Google account and boom, it connected. I am disappointed to have an issue with Apple system applications. Not what I have come to expect from the product, but very grateful to BDAqua for their time and expertise.

Oct 3, 2019 11:05 AM in response to MacUserSince92

For Mojave: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/20/52/041-88937-A_82KXGV6YE3/l5w5xx65lkxi9zvce2pwwc0rrs8cx8wvoh/Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto.pkg

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2019 8:03 PM in response to MacUserSince92

Many thanks to:

BDAqua

User level:

Level 10

(146,367 points)

The answer below solved my problem. I added the Google account to Mail as expected. Safari opened as expected, I have Mac OSx permissions to access the Google account and boom, it connected. I am disappointed to have an issue with Apple system applications. Not what I have come to expect from the product, but very grateful to BDAqua for their time and expertise.

Oct 3, 2019 11:05 AM in response to MacUserSince92

For Mojave: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/20/52/041-88937-A_82KXGV6YE3/l5w5xx65lkxi9zvce2pwwc0rrs8cx8wvoh/Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto.pkg

Mail not connecting to Google Gmail accounts. Unable to add new Google account. Where is Safari 13.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.