You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up phone to PC - Can't create new backup

Hi

I am trying to back up my new iPhone 11 to my PC. I have too many files to iCloud back up. When I plug my phone into my PC and start iTunes all it says is "Would you like t set up this iPhone as a new iPhone or restore your information from a previous backup?" I already started it as a new iPhone from my 8. All I want to do is back my information up.

I tried 2 different USB ports and 2 different cables. It said the same thing when I tried to back up my 8 before I sold it.

Is there any reason why this isn't working?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 9:42 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 3, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Ghudd

Ghudd wrote:

Wow don’t I feel like a dummy. Thanks very much. I was scared it was going to wipe my phone.

Don’t feel like a dummy. It sure makes it sound like the phone might be erased. Typical muddy Apple speak, IMO. I wasn’t sure either until another high level ASC member who is the resident expert on all things iTunes clarified it for me.

Backing up phone to PC - Can't create new backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.