You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten my administrator password for my imac. It is running OSX Mohave 10.14I went to the apple site but it wouldn't accept my credentials. How can I reset my password.

I have forgotten my administrator password for my imac. It is running OSX Mohave 10.14 I went to the apple site but it wouldn't accept my credentials. How can I reset my password.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:05 PM

If none of these work, you can create a new admin user and change it from that account.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Create a new admin account.

No matter how you do it, if you reset the password from outside the account, you will lock out your keychain and have to create a new one. See the section in the password reset article for creating a new keychain.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2019 1:05 PM in response to Ligon

If none of these work, you can create a new admin user and change it from that account.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Create a new admin account.

No matter how you do it, if you reset the password from outside the account, you will lock out your keychain and have to create a new one. See the section in the password reset article for creating a new keychain.

I have forgotten my administrator password for my imac. It is running OSX Mohave 10.14I went to the apple site but it wouldn't accept my credentials. How can I reset my password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.