You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage memory

My iPhone has 50G of space used under “Other”. This seems like a huge amount. I checked other iPhones and they have about 5G used. Any ideas of how to fix this or what’s going on?

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 11:26 AM

"Other" contains lots of stuff. See-->What is "Other" and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

However, 50 GB sounds excessive by any standard. It probably indicates storage corruption. A restore from backup will usually fix it. See this support link-->Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2019 11:26 AM in response to Modesto Bruce

"Other" contains lots of stuff. See-->What is "Other" and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

However, 50 GB sounds excessive by any standard. It probably indicates storage corruption. A restore from backup will usually fix it. See this support link-->Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Oct 5, 2019 11:55 AM in response to Modesto Bruce

Connect the phone to iTunes. Check Encrypt Backup. WRITE DOWN THE PASSWORD YOU CREATE. Without it you can't restore the backup.

Then restore the phone to factory settings-->Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When that finishes you will be prompted to set up as New or restore a backup. Choose to restore the iTunes backup you just created.

Storage memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.