You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirror iPhone screen to iPad as a video monitor

Hi everyone

I will be recording videos in my car at the beach making music. However i would like to use my iPhone rear camera to record and my iPad to monitor so i can get a nice shot.

Is there a way i can do this with a app or just in general?

I am preferably looking for a wireless no internet solution because my iPad does not have WiFi at the beach.

However any suggestions or solutions in general will help even if i have to purchase an app or use wires

Thank you in advance

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Thanks Lyssa i actually tried this app and you’re right it works only with WiFi very laggy as well but i managed to find a app and paid a dollar for it. It’s called camera plus and it does exactly what i want it to plus you can use either Bluetooth or WiFi. I also have a Bluetooth shutter remote so when i get things situated i can just hit record.

Well it turns out it is possible Michael and i don’t need the monitor for full frame just a view finder or visual to position myself to record and get a nice shot or angle but thank you anyways

have a good night

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2019 6:48 PM in response to MichelPM

Thanks Lyssa i actually tried this app and you’re right it works only with WiFi very laggy as well but i managed to find a app and paid a dollar for it. It’s called camera plus and it does exactly what i want it to plus you can use either Bluetooth or WiFi. I also have a Bluetooth shutter remote so when i get things situated i can just hit record.

Well it turns out it is possible Michael and i don’t need the monitor for full frame just a view finder or visual to position myself to record and get a nice shot or angle but thank you anyways

have a good night

Oct 5, 2019 5:44 PM in response to Lyssa

Lyssa,

The problem with that app, that I found since upgrading my iPad and iPod touch, is if you mirror the smaller device to an iPad, the mirrored screen on iPad is the same size as the smaller device.

It doesn't fill the iPad's screen at all.

So, that is why I didn't recommend this app!

You do not get a giant iPhone/iPod Touch viewfinder filling tge screen on an iPad.

Mirror iPhone screen to iPad as a video monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.