You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create Data Entry Form in numbers on Mac just like Numbers in IOS?

How to create Data Entry Form in numbers on Mac just like Numbers in IOS? Why can't one create a simple form like on iPad?

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 12:09 AM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2019 10:05 AM in response to ecltam

Forms don't exist for Numbers on the Mac.

We're fellow users here and don't know the reasons behind Apple's design decisions.

Because of the bigger display on the Mac I've never felt the need for forms the way I do on the iPad. But your experience may be different.

You can give feedback to Apple via Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback in your menu.

SG

Oct 6, 2019 6:04 PM in response to ecltam

Hi ecltam,

Thats the thing. It is up to you to keep the tables the sizes they need to be. The input table can often be kept longer than the 'report' table so when you need to extend the report table you do not need to mess too much with the formulas.

I find I will reach for my phone even while I am at the computer becasue I prefer to enter data in a form.

quinn

Oct 6, 2019 6:35 PM in response to ecltam

ecltam wrote:

How can I automatically add data across tables with linked cells. When I tried to add more rows in one, the other table doesn't update itself accordingly !

Can you describe more what you are trying to do, ideally including a screenshot?

I've never felt the need for a form on the Mac's bigger display, but would be interested in seeing your use case.

SG

How to create Data Entry Form in numbers on Mac just like Numbers in IOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.