You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer move photos to files

Why can I no longer select and move photos to photo files following Update 13.1.2? The only options now are Edit, Delete, Favorites, and download (like when you get a text in a message and it has you save it to another message, or Notices, etc). This is so frustrating!

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 11:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 1:25 PM

Hi there, kannw101,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you’re trying to move pictures from the Photos app to the Files app, but no longer see an option. I’m happy to help!

To move a picture, go into your Photos app, select the picture you’d like to move from an album, then tap the share button in the lower left of the picture. If you don’t see the share button, and instead see a solid black border, tap the picture. Once you tap the share button, additional options become available, including those to message or AirDrop the picture, or to add it to Notes, Reminders, email, etc. If you scroll down, additional options appear below, including things like Copy Photo, Add to a Shared Album, and all the way toward the bottom, Save too Files: Share photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support.

This works the same if you are trying to save a picture directly from Messages into the Files app, as well.

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2019 1:25 PM in response to kannw101

Hi there, kannw101,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you’re trying to move pictures from the Photos app to the Files app, but no longer see an option. I’m happy to help!

To move a picture, go into your Photos app, select the picture you’d like to move from an album, then tap the share button in the lower left of the picture. If you don’t see the share button, and instead see a solid black border, tap the picture. Once you tap the share button, additional options become available, including those to message or AirDrop the picture, or to add it to Notes, Reminders, email, etc. If you scroll down, additional options appear below, including things like Copy Photo, Add to a Shared Album, and all the way toward the bottom, Save too Files: Share photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support.

This works the same if you are trying to save a picture directly from Messages into the Files app, as well.

Best!

Can no longer move photos to files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.