You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will not let me download apps

The App Store says that I have to verify my payment stuff, i fix it then it still won’t let me download, I know I have no money on the cards but they are up to date and I’m not trying to purchase anything

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:20 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2019 7:58 PM in response to TylerElijah

Hi there, TylerElijah,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're trying to update your payment information so you can download free apps from the App Store, but it isn't working. I'm happy to help!

When the message you are receiving pops up, you should follow the steps outlined in If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support to troubleshoot, as the issue typically stems from an issue processing a past payment. If this is the case, you won't be able to download any apps (even free ones) until the past payment is taken care of.

If you still can't get your payment information updated, you will need to speak with Apple Support directly: Contact Apple Support.

Best.

Will not let me download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.