You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Apple ID after udating to Catalina! How to change back?

Upon updating to Catalina my daughters Apple ID became the primary Apple ID for my iMac Pro. How do I change this to my Apple ID? We are all on a family plan and I am the administrator, but not clear why Catalina chose her ID over mine on update.

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Hello Rhea Gavry,

It sounds like the wrong Apple ID was signed into your Mac after updating to macOS Catalina. I can definitely understand why it would be important to have the correct Apple ID signed in on your device, especially when using Family Sharing. I'm happy to help you out with this.

To rectify the situation, all you will need to do is sign out of your daughter's Apple ID, and then sign in with yours. This support article will show you how: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2019 3:01 PM in response to Rhea Gavry

Hello Rhea Gavry,

It sounds like the wrong Apple ID was signed into your Mac after updating to macOS Catalina. I can definitely understand why it would be important to have the correct Apple ID signed in on your device, especially when using Family Sharing. I'm happy to help you out with this.

To rectify the situation, all you will need to do is sign out of your daughter's Apple ID, and then sign in with yours. This support article will show you how: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Wrong Apple ID after udating to Catalina! How to change back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.