You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing a photo library from back up Hard Drive to new iMac

My iMac gave up the ghost last week. Good news is I back up to Backblaze. They sent me a hard drive with my back up on it. I have bought a new iMac and am trying to copy across or import the photo library from the hard drive back up to the new iMac. I can get Photos on the new iMac to see the backed up photos, but cannot copy the wretched file across to the new iMac. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 2:17 PM

If the library will not copy form the Backblaze drive, please contact them for instructions. You should be able to copy the library from the Backblaze drive to the new iMac and once on the new iMac just double click it and that should launch Photos and also teach it where you stored the library. If you cannot copy and paste the library from the BB drive then it's BB issue.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2019 2:17 PM in response to Antfosfosant

If the library will not copy form the Backblaze drive, please contact them for instructions. You should be able to copy the library from the Backblaze drive to the new iMac and once on the new iMac just double click it and that should launch Photos and also teach it where you stored the library. If you cannot copy and paste the library from the BB drive then it's BB issue.

Importing a photo library from back up Hard Drive to new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.