You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm continuously getting pop up that “epsleylwuedz” is damaged and can’t be opened.

after installing macOS Catalina,

I'm continuously getting pop up that “epsleylwuedz” is damaged and can’t be opened.

i clicked on the option of show in finder but nothing is working. Pop up says that "this file was downloaded on an unknown date". i tried to search for this file manually but nothing worked for me. please help.

I have attached screenshot.

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 4:39 PM

Please download and run and post the results of EtreCheck. To post, open a new reply here and then press the button that looks like a printed page among the new-reply buttons, and that’ll open up a text input box that is big enough for to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2019 4:39 PM in response to ADITYA0212

Please download and run and post the results of EtreCheck. To post, open a new reply here and then press the button that looks like a printed page among the new-reply buttons, and that’ll open up a text input box that is big enough for to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

Nov 3, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Mwemwe

The garbage names of the files here, and the garbage names of some of the startup files, looks to be some malware was installed here. I’d remove both of the VPN clients here, too. See if MalwareBytes can clear the underlying problem here, too.

Unrelated:

...I’d get Time Machine or some other backup going.

...I’d remove Flash, unless you;re specifically viewing Flash files.

...Various VPN clients don’t really provide what many might expect, and can provide things that many might not wish to have.

...I’ve seen a pattern of installed VPN clients and installed malware in recent times. This beyond whatever monitoring and tracking and ad injection that any VPN server can inherently provide given its privileged network position can permit. Free VPNs are far from a panacea. Ponder why these free services are paying for advertising, and how they’re then making money, too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.