You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 3rd Generation bending issues

I purchased a brand new iPad Air 3rd Generation a month ago and just today I noticed it has slightly bended in the protective case. My daily usage is playing Games and sometimes the device gets heated up, and most likely is the cause of bending. Does apple gives any sort of warranty on bending of iPad Air 3rd generation? If not, then what are the options I have to get it fixed as the device is unstable to use on any surface now as it is not in proper shape and has bended over the keyboard connector. I am worried about my device as its an expensive thing and now I guess it is ruined. Please advise, thank you.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 3:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 5:13 PM

Hello,

Did you purchase AppleCare+? Bending is considered accidental damage and is not covered under the manufacture's warranty.

Contact AppleCare

4 replies

Oct 12, 2019 10:34 AM in response to QuickPost

Hi to update this forum, I took my iPad to Apple today and they said since its an accidental damage, which it actually isn't, it is not covered under limited warranty hence will charge $503.88 for repair. I got this new iPad for $554 so obviously wasn't worth it to repair. I tried to convince them but it was not a fair bargain.

iPad Air 3rd Generation bending issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.