You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 12" 2015 Catalina Flickering/Glitch Screen on Startup - can only use Macbook on Safe Mode

Hello Apple Community,

The issue is that the screen starts to flicker/glitch (see photo) before apple finishes loading startup (where I can't use my Mac anymore - only in safe mode!).

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c0af322d-c423-4aeb-a0e8-0942161289b3

Screen flickers even on Verbose Mode as well but doesn't flicker in recovery mode and safe mode.

It doesn't flicker when I plug it into a monitor through HDMI.

I have tried all terminal functions (fsck etc) even in single user mode and recovery mode.

I have erased hard drive and reinstalled macOS but still no luck.

I think it is not a hardware issue as I tried option+d on startup and apple found no issues.

Could it be kernal issue (but how when I reinstalled it?). Do you think it could be something to do with the bin drive (MacOs drive issue/hack/virus?)

Have you experienced this issue? What is the solution?

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 2:28 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 9, 2019 9:55 PM in response to Benjamin_afif

I have same issue on iTunes running Catalina on my iMac 5k 2014 model when I see my albums on the screen it flickers on and off it’s driving me nuts I’m going to contact Apple regrading this as it seems a lot of people have same flickers on various Apple devices I want a explanation from Apple ???? I’ve even tried installing a fresh version of Catalina and the issue still there

Macbook 12" 2015 Catalina Flickering/Glitch Screen on Startup - can only use Macbook on Safe Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.