You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to connect iphone to macos catalina

hello,

i cant connect my iphone 11 to macbook pro macos catalina,

i cant see the phone to the finder

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Hi libitgeo,

It sounds like you're having some trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac, and I want to help.

Check out these steps that can help when your iPhone isn't detected by your Mac:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2019 8:06 PM in response to libitgeo

Hi libitgeo,

It sounds like you're having some trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac, and I want to help.

Check out these steps that can help when your iPhone isn't detected by your Mac:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Jan 31, 2020 5:10 AM in response to sarahfromsunnyside

This happened to me last night; the computer said I needed to reset the phone to factory. I was suspicious, and called Apple Support, who indicated that my iMac needed a version update (no notice of a software update had come in to the computer, btw). I also found that there was a software update for my iPhone (also that had not yet been served to the phone). Once I updated everything, I was back in business. It was very frustrating, though -- and annoying that the original error message would have been totally unnecessary.

unable to connect iphone to macos catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.