You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rename Playlists in Music on Mac

I've been using iTunes since 2001 and am familiar with how to rename a playlist, but since iTunes has been replaced with Music I can't see how to name or rename a smart playlist or for that matter any playlist.

Has anybody out there got the answer?

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 7:28 AM

I've just spoken with Apple Support and the solution couldn't be easier. Instead of right-clicking on "Playlist" in the list of playlists (as we used to do), we go to the main window of the playlist (where we see the songs in the playlist) and click on the current name of the playlist, which is seen toward the top of the screen. Clicking on the current name lets us change the name.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2019 7:28 AM in response to maurice jones

I've just spoken with Apple Support and the solution couldn't be easier. Instead of right-clicking on "Playlist" in the list of playlists (as we used to do), we go to the main window of the playlist (where we see the songs in the playlist) and click on the current name of the playlist, which is seen toward the top of the screen. Clicking on the current name lets us change the name.

Oct 15, 2019 12:15 AM in response to haknor

Thanks for that, but I'm a dinosaur.

I keep all my music on my Mac and sync it to a 5th generation iPod.

I've since found that if I create a new playlist and transfer my original playlist to it I can then rename it, but it won't work with a smart playlist.

Anyway thanks again for the advice it looks like I either buy an iPhone or just live with it

Rename Playlists in Music on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.